Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Passing Judgment

It's interview day. I am having to replace two people in my accounting staff and am spending much time going over resumes and now bringing people in to visit about the position and their qualifications. It makes me wonder about people. I have already talked to a few. There was the sweet young lady who couldn't get along with other family members and gets her feelings hurt if someone corrects her. There was another candidate who replied to an email that included our company URL but had no idea who we were or what we did because she didn't take the time to look. Today, I will visit with 3 and maybe 4 people passing judgment on whether they are qualified to work here. It is a mentally draining process and, if no one appears as a good candidate, it will make for a long day.
_____________________________________________________________

Sponsors are dropping Michael Vick like a hot potato. Innocent until proven guilty? I don't think so and I don't blame the sponsors. Vick's potential involvement is a black eye to those who have paid him to use him image. In the end, I will be most interested to see what happens to his career. It seems the American public can easily forgive an athlete who had done wrong but can produce on the playing field. I'm not so sure Vick will be welcomed back but if he is, I would suggest he be sent to Cleveland so he can play with their endzone gang known as the dog pound.
______________________________________________________________

I'm out for a tax seminar tomorrow so no blogging will occur. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I love the dog pound thing. WIsh I had thought of it.