Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Surviving Day 1

Everyone came through the first day of school relatively unharmed. My daughter had one teacher who didn't make the best impression because she was a bit strict on the first day. My son couldn't believe he had a spelling test on the first day. My wife made it through without much fanfare. I guess it was a good first day.
________________________________________________________________

I was walking last night and looking at the moon and the stars. The sky was pretty and I couldn't help but think about the beauty God puts around us. Too often, I'm going way too fast to see God's beauty but last night was a reminder that I need to see it amid the stress and rush of work and life. I need to look to God for control of my life and not at myself, to allow His beauty to be seen in me, to work in me. I maintain a good facade and look like I have it under control while inside I'm a whirlwind of turmoil. I want to strive to be a part of the beautiful, peaceful scene I observed last night, one created by the Creator and one made beautiful by the Creator.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Times alone with the Lord have a way of galvanizing our priorities, don't they?