Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Rambling

My mind is a beehive of thoughts and none of them are complete. It seems like I have hundreds of things I need to do and don't know where or how to start with some of them. Maybe I should quit blogging and get to business.
_____________________________________________________________

I saw something this morning that said a study of Abraham Lincoln's face reveals one side is shorter than the other side. Is that something people are really interested in?
_____________________________________________________________

School is starting soon. In some ways it will be nice to be back in a routine. On the other hand, there is the mental problem of having to be somewhere. I think the kids are somewhat excited if only because they get to see their friends on a daily basis.
_____________________________________________________________

We were talking with a neighbor last night about our kids staying inside so much. As I thought about it after the conversation, I played outside a lot, rode my bike all over the place and never worried about the bad people who might harm a child. We complain because our kids stay inside but then we don't let them get out much without us because of fear. It's sad that it is that way today.
_____________________________________________________________

My 13 year old as taken to the texting life with her new phone. As much as I hated to get it and still wonder what kind of trouble will come from it, being able to stay in touch with her friends is a cool thing. The best in my eyes is that she is staying in touch with a friend whose family moved to Big Spring. They are out there in the middle of nowhere (we miss you) and she and her friend can keep "talking" to each other. Good stuff.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I would do more texting if my particular phone contract allowed them for free. But I do find it interesting that we would rather peck out a message than call the person and talk to them.