Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Getting There

The theme for the class I taught Sunday morning was one that was a little difficult because it is something that I fail to do. The theme of "I Can't Wait..." caused a few ideas to pop into my head before I read through the lesson to find that the idea was "I can't wait until Jesus returns." As a Christian, that is an idea I am intellectually aware of but don't really think about very often. I'm so caught up in what needs to be done at work, mowing, vacation, school and so on that I never stop to think about Jesus' return.

While mowing on Saturday and pondering the lesson for Sunday, a recurring thought was "Be still and know that I am God." I think if I found more time to be still with God, Jesus' return would be a more central, focused thought for me. I need to find the time, I need to make the time to be still with God.

When I was going to Colorado, it was all I could think about yet I really, really want to get to heaven but I think about so many other things.

"Be still and know that I am God."

I hear you Lord.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I am convinced that if we had a better theology about heaven, then none of us could wait.