Friday, August 03, 2007

It's Late

Late for me to be blogging anyway. I was out yesterday to learn about the new Texas Margin tax on businesses, an income tax that isn't called an income tax. It's crazy. As individuals we always want industry to pick up more of the tax bill but in the end, the increase flows right back to us. What we need are fewer taxes...meaning less government waste...meaning a miracle.
________________________________________________________________

I've got the Friday mentality today. I'm waiting on 5:00 so I can shut down for the weekend. Of course, the myth of shutting down mentally and physically is just that, a myth. Maybe I'll sneak in a little extra rest at some point.
________________________________________________________________

We're going to play laser tag for my nephew's birthday party Saturday night. It's a fun game and I'm looking forward to zapping everyone.
________________________________________________________________

Speaking of birthdays, my baby has one coming up next week. Last night, we took her and some of her friends to Joe T. Garcia's to eat (yes, my little angel picked it out). She finally got her cell phone that she has long wanted. She held it for a minute looking at it and we could see her hands shaking.

It was a hard decision for me to give it to her but a conversation with a friend makes it much easier. He says he enjoys texting his kids 2 or 3 times a night when they are out with friends just to remind them he's around. He says it's been a great way to stay in touch with them using their way of thinking and technology.

Happy early Bday koko.

No comments: