Wednesday, August 22, 2007

An Update

Last week, I blogged a bit about a gentleman we have hired who made a big mistake and has paid considerably for it. Because of the nature of what he did, I was concerned about how other employees might address him working here.

Today, I am happy to say that I have been pleasantly surprised by the hearts of some people who work here. I would guess there are some negative comments or feelings but I've asked and no one has heard anything. I suppose the majority have said nothing but the few who have spoken up to me have made a lasting impression. They have had comments of thanksgiving that he would get a second chance here, questions of what they could do to help him.

The responses were opposite of what I was afraid I would hear. I thank God for the people who have spoken up and the knowledge that God is with people through the storms.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

We tend to think that people will be less gracious than they are. I think it is because of the few who do not understand grace. Most of us realize that if we were in a similar situation, we would want to be given a chance. I am thankful for the response you have received.

Melissa Taylor said...

People can surprise you - I know that it is not easy to embrace someone that has done something wrong. I am grateful for people like you and David that will give him a chance for a new start in life.