Friday, August 24, 2007

The End Is Near (End of the Work Week That Is)

I have a job that really doesn't end on Friday but it's still a mental hurdle that I always look forward to. Even though Saturdays rarely work out the way I envision them, I look forward to them. The idea of being at home with my family is always appealing.

When I think about an upcoming Saturday, it's usually a mixed bag of thinking I will either catch up on some missed sleep or get alot of things done around the house. My Saturday usually winds up somewhere in the middle where I don't get any additional rest but don't get much done either. Still, the idea of Saturdays are always a nice reprieve from the stresses of work.
_________________________________________________________________

The Rangers are frustrating. 30 runs in one game and winning a double-header only to come home and play poorly against the Mariners. I remember going to the games in April with high anticipations. Today, I can barely give my tickets away.

On the other hand, there's new life for the Cowboys and the new drama begins. What will the season hold for Romo, Owens, Phillips and Jerry? I can't help but believe it will be another rollercoaster ride that's as much soap opera as football.
_________________________________________________________________

I hope you have a great weekend and that your Saturday is filled with whatever you hope for.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

T. O. is laying low so far. Just wait -- he'll stir things up before it's over. (I know, I ought to have more faith in a person's ability to change. That is the gospel, isn't it?)