Monday, August 06, 2007

Struggles

I can't seem to get off the treadmill of stuff that has to be done. No matter how fast or slow I go, it just keeps coming. The weight of it all is starting to weigh me down. Right or wrong, I'm finding myself in prayer more often asking God to help me, to help me find the way. I do not like these times. I feel so lost like someone so close to the shore but not able to reach it wondering when the waves are going to overtake me. It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I know there are many others faced with the same feeling. I don't know any way out other than taking one thing at a time and asking God for guidance. I probably make things sound worse than they are. I say that because over the weekend, at least two sets of parents nearby lost their children in a car crash. Whatever I'm feeling today can be nothing like what they are feeling today. I cannot imagine the pain and wish no one else ever would.

In the end, I know this is temporary. Something much, much greater awaits me. The topic of heaven has popped up often in the last few weeks. I taught a class on it two weeks ago. It was again the topic last night at church and has come up in some other conversations. It has been good for me and has helped me set my thoughts on things above, on greater things. I look forward to heaven and I am more ready for Jesus' return today than ever before. All of my struggles, all of my problems, all of my issues will be gone because of the majesty of God. I look forward to heaven.

No comments: