Thursday, August 23, 2007

Old Knees and Things Easily Forgotten

My knees hurt. My wife has been incredible in setting an example and encouraging me to exercise. I appreciate her so much. I'm eating a little better, feeling a little better and getting my blood-glucose control in better condition. Along with that comes a little pain. My knees have been the culprit of late, hurting through the night causing me to wake up in discomfort. I'm giving Motrin and Tylenol some business in helping reduce the pain but it's not 100% effective. Still, I'll learn to live with a little pain when I know the overall benefits of what I'm doing.
_______________________________________________________________

Last night we heard a speaker talk about being prayer warriors. One of his comments struck a chord with me because it's something we all know to be true but too easily forget. He said, "Satan knows the power of prayer better than we do." Amen, brother. I know prayer works but just like the examples he used last night, I too often pray only when I'm scared or need something. I know some of that is Satan's work, pushing me to forget to talk to God at all times because Satan knows the power of prayer.

Let it be that God's people know the power of prayer and use it as a weapon against the evil forces day-by-day, minute-by-minute.

1 comment:

Melissa Taylor said...

I heard a lot of good comments about the lesson last night. Mark and I were out with the youth praying at different school campuses for the upcoming school year. I wish we could have been in both places - it's funny that both had to do with prayer. I know for myself that I need to think of praying FIRST instead of as a "last resort" as I often do. I will keep trying!