Thursday, August 30, 2007

Money, Money, Money

Tonight I will be at a fundraiser for the Wise County Christian Counseling office operated by Beverly Ross. The WCCC has been such a blessing since Beverly opened helping many families and individuals get through difficult situations and complex issues they face. Beverly has a gift and ability and this work is certainly a ministry field for her.

The WCCC is a non-profit organization and tonight is a night geared to raising funds to help keep the doors open. While many clients can and do pay for their sessions, others who desperately need help simply cannot pay. That's one of the wonderful things about WCCC - the ability to pay is not a criteria for getting help.

I am prayerful that tonight is a successful night in raising funds. Even more, I hope it is another night that allows more people who want and will seek help the opportunity to get it in a caring, Christ-centered environment.
_________________________________________________________

My daughter started cross-country in earnest today. I delivered her to the school at 6:30. Wow. It is an effort for her to get up that early in the morning to go run, one I empathize with a great deal. I would much rather wake up around 9:00 in the morning and the last thing I'm thinking about when I wake up is running.

I'm proud of her. We talked last night about her potential and me pushing her to always do better. I tried, maybe unsuccessfully, to explain that I believe in my heart she can do anything she is willing to work hard for. She may never be the fastest runner or have the highest grades or be President of the United States but I believe she could do those things. What I really wanted her to understand more than anything is that I am so proud of who she is, overwhelmed by her intelligence, beauty and maturity.

She is a wonderful young lady and I don't want to push her too hard but I do want to encourage her to keep achieving more. I believe in her ability to do accomplish great things. More than that, I love her for who she is today.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

Thank you for the kind words about Beverly's practice. I get to witness her passion for it every day. You beat me to the blog idea for today, but I think I will still mention the same.

Bev Ross said...

Jeff, thank you so much for mentioning tonight in your blogpost! I am so excited and prayerful that it will be a night to spotlight God and His super-duper work in the lives of His people. May our work draw others into His presence!