Thursday, November 01, 2007

I Thought Baseball Just Ended

I'm taking my baseball playing boy to Flower Mound tonight to try out for a team. It's getting harder and harder to put a competitive team together in our small town so we are hitting the road to see what options are out there. The deck is stacked against him. He's trying out for a team that has been playing fall ball while he's been taking it easy. They are in Flower Mound and the coach is already hesitant I'll make the haul on a regular basis.

I think he's ready though. I've asked several times if he really wants to do this and he affirms it each time. I just hope he will perform well and see improvements in his own abilities.
___________________________________________________________

We missed Halloween! It was a church night and by the time we got home, most trick-or-treating was done. The kids didn't seem to mind as both wanted to be at church anyway and I don't think the lack of all that candy will do us any harm. Still, it was odd not to be hauling them door to door to get their loot.
___________________________________________________________

I leave tomorrow for the Windy City. I ask for your prayers for safe travel and for my family while I'm gone.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I know Josh will do well. Good luck!