Monday, November 19, 2007

Cowboys and Ramblings

How 'bout them Cowboys? Tony Romo is certainly on track to be the golden child this year and TO is catching balls, scoring touchdowns and keeping his mouth shut. Wow.

I don't get very excited about pro sports - I'm just so tired of the money and drama that emanates from it all - but I do listen to sports radio almost all the time and it is interesting to hear the comments this year compared with what I remember from last year. I think people are moving from being happy if the Cowboys would make the playoffs to analyzing what they need to do to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. There's nothing like expectations.
________________________________________________________________

I still haven't fully grasped that Thanksgiving is on Thursday (not Sunday as I originally wrote). It seems like it should be several weeks away still yet I look at the calendar and there it sits.

I want to spend this week reflecting on what I am thankful for. I heard another great sermon yesterday that is challenging me to be more thankful to the Lord for what I have. It's a long list and I need to spend time thanking Him who provides it all for me.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

You might need to check your calendar. I think Thanksgiving is on Thursday. I just don't want you to miss it!