Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Going Home

I head back home today and I'm ready. I miss being with my family and I'm ready to get back to them. It's really cold today. The high is going to be 42 and with the wind, it will feel more like 35.

I went to see American Gangster the other night, not realizing it was 3 days long. I had mixed feelings but in the end wasn't overly impressed. Both characters were flawed in opposite but similar ways but the storyline had a hard time of really exploring the characters. It was part action and part narrative, never really developing much traction on either side. On the other hand, it was interesting to see what both people went through and provoking some thought on how they got to where they were.

Speaking of movies, the keynote speaker at our conference with Chris Gardner who the movie Pursuit of Happyness was about. He was interesting and he told a good story, was funny and sobering. I can't imagine living the life he went through but it does show what hope can do for you. One of the interesting things I learned was that his son was only 14 months old when they were living on the street. The movie version has an older child because, as Gardner said, 14 months old don't carry much of a dialogue. There were a few other differences but nothing significant and Gardner says they are considering a sequel.

No others thoughts of interest (as if the above was) so I'm off for a shower, a very cold stroll and a haircut before getting the bags packed and heading out.

No comments: