Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Blog Blahs

Today is one of those days where there is nothing in my head to write about so it will be just wild ramblings of things that pop into my head.

Today is our monthly store manager meeting. We spend most of the day discussing what is happening in the stores and what our plans are for the coming months. The holiday selling season will be the main topic of conversation today.

I cannot believe Thanksgiving is next week. It doesn't seem possible.

Our church basketball teams play our first games tonight. I've signed up for one but don't know how I will hobble down the court on a hurt knee and out of shape. The last time I played, I tore my calf muscle so I hope paramedics are standing by. I remember when I was younger and expected to play all the time. That's certainly not the case for tonight.

The Decatur cross country teams both performed well at the state meet last weekend. The boys got 3rd place and the girls claimed 5th. Those kids spend HOURS preparing for something that lasts 15 minutes and my hat is off to them for their hard work.

Decatur football plays Abilene Wylie this Friday. Wylie has been our nemesis in football and baseball over the past few years but especially in football. They seem to be the team we just can't figure out.

That's all from me. I hope you are having a great day.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I wish I could be there tonight to watch you. After all the teasing about me being old, it would be fun to toss a few your way:)

Really, you all have a wonderful time.