Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Please Pray

I ask for your prayers for my mother-in-law today. She went to the hospital late last night not feeling well and her blood pressure was elevated. They ran some tests last night but didn't find anything conclusive and kept her overnight in ICU to monitor her and run more tests this morning. I know God will hear your prayers offered up on her behalf.
_______________________________________________________________

Nothing else I write seems too significant right now but I know some of you also sit on the edge of your seats waiting for information on the "fighting Christians" basketball team. We won last night pretty handily. Our "big-3" had a good game and we got some good play from Chris Lowery (yes, that Chris Lowery) and Steve Fry, a new guy to our church. Steve is one of those quiet guys that just shows up where the rebounds go. I finally got a ball to drop but have sustained a hurting rumpus and nose after taking a charge. Since I outweighed the guy by 200 pounds they gave me the foul but it was a charge. That puts us at 2-1 for the season as we start the second round of games.
_______________________________________________________________

Thanks for your prayers today.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I will certainly be praying for Judy. She is such a fine Christian woman, and her friendship to Beverly has been an incredible blessing.

Melissa Taylor said...

She is in my prayers - as well as Kelly. Congrats on the win - Mark said he took a hit to the mouth from the ball - he came home with blood on his shirt. I guess I will have to come watch one of these games to see what all the fun is about!