Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Aliv

I'm aliv. We played our first church league basketball game and I ended up playing much more than I thought I would and survived pretty well. I got to sleep late and have a few sore muscles today so I think I'm about 80% (4/5 of the word "alive"). To top it off, we won! I'm looking for an undefeated season now. haha

Our ladies team played before us and lost by 1 point but played hard. I'd be scared to play them.
________________________________________________________________

I read an article on Joel Osteen this morning that has me thinking. While I don't agree with all of his philosophy, one thing he said is resonating with me this morning. He said something to the effect that his gift is to encourage people and lift them up. He stays away from doctrinal preaching, instead choosing to focus on what will help people today.

I thought it was interesting for him to say his gift was one of encouragement. What a great gift to share. Again, I don't know if I agree if being an encourager is a gift or an attitude but that doesn't really matter as long as I go out today and try to encourage people. Whether it's my gift or not, it's still a precious gift to give someone else.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I'm glad you came out alive! I, too, want to be known as an encourager. But I think Olsteen is copping out. Is preaching ALL of God's Word discouraging?

I do agree with you, though. I'm glad you could hear what he had to say, and take what meat was on the bone to apply to your life.