Friday, November 23, 2007

The Day After

People are crazy to be out shopping this early. Is there any reason sales couldn't start at 10AM instead of 4AM?

I survived Turkey Day in pretty good shape. I got up and went for a walk and the north wind reminded me it would be a cold day. We had a great lunch followed by a great Cowboys game and the kids played outside in the snow. Yes, I said snow. First little flakes and then the big, pretty ones. It was short lived but exciting all the same.

We're leaving early to head east and visit my folks in Tyler for the weekend. I'm sure it will include plenty of food and shopping. I'm looking forward to the sofa the most as I usually get a decent nap in on Saturday afternoons while the women are hitting the stores.

I hope everyone had a really good day yesterday wherever you were and gave thanks for what you have. My thoughts have been on people I know in Brazil who likely didn't have a huge meal and are not planning to go shopping because all they have is what they have on, but I know they are thankful for what God has given them and know it is all they need. I'm thankful for their example and their love and hope I can show more of that to those around me.

1 comment:

Melissa Taylor said...

Where were you that you had snow? Not Decatur - at least not last night. Mark wasn't aware that he was a part of the "Big 3" in b-ball. I will have to give him some pointers before next weeks game! He said no one could make a shot - not even Brad. I know what you mean about our friends in Brazil - kind of puts things into perspective for us, huh? I don't do the whole "day after shopping" - nothing is that important!