Thursday, November 08, 2007

Cellphonelessness

My cell phone quit on me yesterday. I was loading an upgrade to the software, followed all the rules, and when it was done there was no service. I called tech support to no avail. I've been with Sprint for several years and keep contemplating a change because Sprint has delivered the absolute worst customer service on a consistent basis that I can imagine. It's difficult to get anything done and I don't remember ever calling and having to speak to less than 3 people to find out they couldn't or wouldn't do what I was asking.

My only quandry at the moment is how long to go with the "broken cellphone" theme. It's a step back in time to a more peaceful era and I kind of like it.
_____________________________________________________________

Basketball season is cranking up - my favorite time of the year. I have a draft for my 6th grade team tonight. I'm playing on a church team that starts games next Tuesday. The high school team has their first game next Tuesday, college basketball is getting rolling and the pros (not real basketball in my mind) have already started. I think I've already watched more pro games this year (3) than I did all of last year so I'm ready for the college season to get started in earnest. I can't wait for March Madness.

Who's your favorite team?

1 comment:

Bev Ross said...

Mavs all the way!!!! Sorry about your phone but I know what you mean - kinda nice to have an excuse to enjoy some silent moments. It happened to me this summer but I didn't miss much but came into the awareness of my own compulsion to use it!