Friday, November 30, 2007

Wowzy

I missed the 1st quarter of last night's big game but the last 3 were pretty entertaining. I hated to see Favre go out since that has been billed as the big matchup but Rodgers did a good job filling in after playing as Tony Romo in practice all week for the Packers. Romo looks so cool out there. I've lost interest in pro sports to some degree but last night was fun to watch.
________________________________________________________________

Another thing I've lost interest in is politics. I used to be an avid follower of the political landscape but like so many others, I have become disillusioned by it all. Politicians attempt to demonize one another when they have their own skeletons dangling behind them and very little is said to lift this country up. I was hearing bits and pieces of an interview on TV yesterday with one of the leading Republicans who wants to invest a lot of dollars in alternative fuels (sounds like a good idea) but couldn't offer one concrete way to raise the money (sounds a bit scary). Maybe it's because he has to spend so much time defending himself from the attacks of others. There lies the problem, at least for me. I don't trust a single one of them. Not a Republican nor a Democrat. I have no faith in the people elected to govern our country (I certainly don't feel I can use the word "leadership" for what they offer) and find myself more and more repulsed at listening to their babbling.
________________________________________________________________

I am thankful today simply that I am a child of God. I am so weak and the Devil is ever after me. While dealing with a labor issue yesterday, all I could think of was how much I wanted to beat down (figuratively) the person causing the problem. Today I will pray for that person and pray that God intervenes, changes hearts and helps us all find a reasonable resolution.

Yes, today I am thankful that I am a child of God.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I join you in your view of politics. I think I have long lived in a naive world -- unaware of the corruption in American politics. We are so critical of the rest of the world when it comes to political corruption. This, I think, disturbs me the most.