Sunday, November 04, 2007

I Love The Big City

I really enjoy coming to Chicago. It's a great place to be...for 3-4 days anyway. I find it an interesting place compared with Decatur. All the people, the houses jammed together, the greenspace for the dogs that are couped up in apartments and condos and the people picking up the dogs mess in a bag, the shops on Michigan Avenue, the frenetic pace of people going here and there, the street performers...and the food...yummy. I feasted at Gino's East Pizza last night. Chicago pizza is my favorite and Gino's does it really, really well. I want to eat at Gibson's before I leave but don't know that I'll make it this trip but it's one of my favorite places to sink my teeth into an incredible steak.

I'm surrounded by this mass of humanity and I wonder how many know God. I wonder how many have the same hope that I have, the joy in a Savior that I have. I hope the number is much bigger than I think but I hear their conversations and get a sense of their direction and it makes me wonder. Maybe I'm walking a mission field, I don't know.

I do know this. The Republicans are not poised to win in Chicago. In the elevators, on the street, in the hotel lobby all I hear is Obama, Obama, Obama with some Hillary thrown in. Not one good word about Bush which seems to be the new synonym for Republicans.

I'm off to class...and then back into the mass of humanity.

No comments: