Monday, September 03, 2007

The Joys of Retail

I like my job and the people I work with but days like today are a beat down for retailers. While everyone else is off for the holiday, we are still open like any other typical day. We are lucky in that we have 4 observed holidays - New Years Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Several retailers are starting to stay open most of those days as well. After doing this for 13 years, I'm thinking some holidays should be required to be observed. That way, I could sleep a little later every once in awhile. Then again, it only seems right to labor on Labor Day.

I hope you are enjoying your day off if you have one.

2 comments:

Kory Jones said...

sorry to make you feel bad and all, but i just woke up

Unknown said...

Retailers and tax accountants...