Monday, September 17, 2007

The Beauty of Children

We hosted about 30 3rd-6th grade kids from church at our home last night to eat, play, sing and fellowship. It's fun to turn kids loose for about an hour and watch what they do. Several went and played a game with a football, others jumped on the trampoline, some went to see the llamas next door and others sat in a group and talked. Some were loud, some were quieter but they all seemed to find joy in what they chose to do. They weren't burdened with paying bills, juggling multiple projects and things that needed to be done. In fact, they seemed completely unburdened and 100% involved in the moment. It was a beautiful sight to watch and enjoy.
________________________________________________________________

I hear the Cowboys won again. I had to leave early for a meeting yesterday and they had just scored a go-ahead touchdown when I was walking out. I'm glad they are winning but I don't think they've played very good teams yet.

I watched some of New England and San Diego last night and NE was dominant. Cheating or not, they are winners.

TO and Randy Moss have been exemplary after two weeks. I wonder how long it will last?

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

No news from TO or Randy Moss? It must be a conspiracy!

I think New England should have been punished more severely. They should have had to forfeit the game -- plus give up draft picks.

I told Beverly that NE cheating reminds me of Nixon and Watergate. Nixon had nothing to worry about in winning reelection -- so why do something dishonest? NE is in the same position. Whose going to beat them?

Melissa Taylor said...

Thanks for having the kids in your home. Morgan had a great time. I wish I could have the mind of a child sometimes. They are so sweet and pure and honest. What happens to us with age?