Friday, September 07, 2007

Go Ahead and Fall

Fall is hear. Texas plays TCU tomorrow. The NFL kicked off in earnest last night. High school footballers are getting ready to bang heads for the second week in a row tonight. The weatherman says cooler weather is coming our way. I really enjoy the fall and as much as I like football and so much of fall, the cooler weather is what really, really makes me a happier person this time of year. _______________________________________________________________

We are hosting the high school youth group Sunday night at our house. I've been privileged getting to know more of our church youth, first through our mission trip to Brazil and then through teaching, and I really enjoy being around them. As with any group, their personalities run the gamut from the loud and boisterous to the quiet and shy. What strikes me about so many of them is their heart. I have seen acts of kindness that surprise me but more than that, they encourage me. I look forward to spending more time with them on Sunday.
_______________________________________________________________

Have a great weekend! Hook 'em Horns!

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I love our kids!

The Horns better do some hooking or they are going to slide out of the Top 10.

Melissa Taylor said...

We really do have a wonderful group of young people at our church. We truly enjoy spending time with all of them. We will be going with them on the youth retreat again this fall - more of a blessing for us than for the youth! They are amazingly led by Jacob and Heather; our young people and our church are wonderfully blessed to have them. And, like you, I was incredibly impressed with the youth that were in Brazil with us. They are truly a unique group of young people (your daughter inclueded)!