Thursday, September 20, 2007

She Ran

The cross country meet went well and my little angel improved her performance over last year. My favorite part was the last 400 meters or so. As she came by, I shouted for her to pass the girl in front of her. She held up 3 fingers indicating she was going to pass 3 of the girls in front of her. I think it ended up being 5 or 6 and she definitely improved on her finish from the same meet last year. Way to go!
_____________________________________________________________

The Texas Rangers season is coming to another painful end. Last night's loss insured a losing season. I remember going to the games in April and May with hope and have ended the season missing the last two games and not finding anyone who even wanted the tickets. I want to be a fan but it's hard to have to drive an hour and see one loss after another. They barely make the local news now that the Cowboys are 2-0. Sad. The manager and GM have both been given extensions but I have a feeling that if significant improvement isn't made next year, they will be gone.

I'm starting to feel the same way about remaining a ticket buyer.
_____________________________________________________________

It's homecoming for Decatur tomorrow. Huge mums. Queens contest. Packed stadium. I hope the football team can raise their level of play. They have struggled this year compared with prior years and I'm hoping they are in the process of putting it all together for a great run through district. It will be a big Friday night.

No comments: