Wednesday, September 26, 2007

When I Can't Catch My Tail

I feel like I'm going in circles again, chasing my tail that I know I will never catch. It's days like these when the resounding thing I hear is "Be still and know that I am God."
______________________________________________________________

My girly-girl has another cross country meet today. They run through a pasture in Alvord. There's nothing like cross country in Wise County. The Alvord team is always good. They are 2A but run against 5A schools all the time and typically do well. I hope Decatur does good today but I'm really hoping my little girl runs her best.
______________________________________________________________

Randy Warzecha, our missionary in Brazil arrives in Decatur today. I am looking forward to seeing him because he is one of my heroes. A quiet, very humble man with a passion to share the Good News. He brings his new wife, Angela, a native of Brazil. I'm sure it will be a shock to her being in the U.S. She comes from a small village where the houses are about the size of our garage. She speaks very, very little English and will spend a little over a month in our country. It was odd spending a week in Brazil with 30 other English speakers but I can't imagine what it would be like spending 6 weeks in a country where I didn't speak the language.
______________________________________________________________

The Rangers wrap up the home schedule today. Here's hoping for a win to close out a season that has been less than glorious.
______________________________________________________________

It's Casa Torres night. I'm already hungry.

Have a great day! God bless.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I look forward to seeing Randy and his wife.

Casa Torres. I love traditions.