Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Too Old For Late Nights

I was part of a late night fantasy football draft last night. We have a group from church that plays each year and we got a late start. It ended up being a bit after midnight before we were done. Ouch. We thought we would be done an hour earlier but technology isn't all it's cracked up to be sometimes.

I remember the days where staying up to midnight or a couple of hours later was no big deal. I could get up the next morning and function at a normal level. Nowadays, it's brutal. So, if you see me moving slowly today, I just might be sleep-walking.
_______________________________________________________________

God is so good. I'm trying to learn to trust in Him. I've said it before that I have a strong desire to figure out a way to take care of my own problems instead of sitting back and trying to see what God has in store. I've been working to be better at looking for God and little by little I think I'm getting better at it. It has not been easy for me to let go and seek God in my little storms. I struggle with it daily, minute-by-minute it seems at times. Yet, the more I think about it, I think - I hope - I see improvement. I am confident God is guiding me through some things I'm battling now and my prayer is that I continue to learn to step back and let Him lead me.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I remember a saying when I was a kid. "Nothing good happens after midnight." I hope that is not true of your draft picks.

Melissa Taylor said...

Mark came to bed really late too - I was fast asleep because that it what you are supposed to do at night! You guys are nuts.