Thursday, September 27, 2007

A Day Away

I'm headed to Dallas today (pain and misery) to take part in a seminar as a panelist. The actual seminar is tomorrow but we have rehearsal this afternoon. It will be webcast to CPA's around the country. A good friend is the moderator and I agreed to help many, many months ago. Today, I wish I could find a way out because the content has changed and I feel like I'm lost in the topic but they still want the "small business" perspective.

I'll be taking a keyboarding vacation tomorrow in lieu of the seminar unless I can get out of it. One of the panelists had to back out yesterday because of an emergency who was going to be my counterpart - he being from big business. Maybe they'll drop the business guys and I can stay in Decatur.
______________________________________________________________

I sat in on our auditorium class last night and heard a discussion of the Holy Spirit. We ended on the passage (Romans 8 I think) that says the Holy Spirit intercedes in our prayers with groans and the discussion ended with what groaning by the Holy Spirit means.

I'm sure there is a better answer than mine but I told the class leader that I was confident my prayers are often so confused on what I really need to say that the Holy Spirit groans thinking "what is this boy saying? I'll take over for him." I'm thankful God gives me help to live and help to talk to Him. I know He understands me even when I'm not understandable. I want to know how to pray better, to talk to God in meaningful ways. I'm thankful that even in my inability to do that, He really hears what I want to say, He knows what is on my heart, He sees through my sin to my desire to serve Him.

No comments: