Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Junk

I hope my sick friend got a foot long coney from Sonic on Sunday. I'm sure it's all he needed to get well.

We're trying to have our fantasy football draft tonight. So far, nothing is working the way we want it to. It's going to be messy I'm afriad.

The Rangers were getting smoked by the Royals last night when I finally turned the TV off. It's ugly to get beat bad but even uglier to be losing like that to the Royals. I can't give away tickets to the Rangers right now. Sad.

My son went to the lake yesterday with some friends and had a blast riding the tube. He had the biggest jump of anyone and it was funny listening to the description of his eyes as he went airborne. He slept hard last night which makes me wonder if we should get a boat.

We ate with some friends last night and the kids went out to play football. It's amazing watching them tackle each other and trying to remember how I used to do that. All I could think about last night was how bad that would hurt.

I think I've mentioned that I've taken up walking again thanks to my wife. She's been a great example and encouragement to me. I tore my calf muscle playing basketball a few months ago and the muscle still gets tight when I walk but I can tell there is improvement. Now, my ankles and knees are aching a little bit. I'm realizing I'm not 25 anymore. It's hard to accept but the shooting pain at 3 in the morning make it real clear. Still, I'm thankful I can do what I am doing.

I hope you are having a great day.

No comments: