Monday, March 12, 2007

Wayoutwise on vacation

I'm taking a few days off to hang out with the family. Today I took the kids to a movie (Bridge to Terabithia) and tomorrow we will venture off to the big city (Fort Worth) for some shopping (woohoo) and other stuff. It's good to have some time off and be with the people I love.
____________________________________________________

I have a friend named Dennis who says I never write about something he knows about. While that opens the door to all sorts of comments, I do wonder what it is he would like to address. So, for Dennis and anyone else out there, let me know if there is something you would like to see addressed on Way Out Wise. I don't make any promises but you never know...
____________________________________________________

The Big Dance cranks up this weekend. I'm thinking Florida will repeat but you just never know when it comes down to the tournament games. Kansas has a shot, Ohio State has a shot, Texas and Texas A&M are both dark horses and North Carolina could make it all the way. There are probably 3 others who might show up knocking on the door too.

I do play in a pool. Much of the money paid to play goes to a charity and some is paid out to the top-3 places. I've played in this pool since 1988 and it's my big gambling event of the year - $10 used to test my college basketball prowess. In the early years, I won something back pretty regularly. Lately, it's just a donation but I love it. College basketball is my favorite sport to watch and this part of the year is the sports pinnacle for me.
_____________________________________________________

We start baseball tournament play this weekend. Our mighty band of 10 year olds begins a quest to qualify for the Summer Nationals held in Oklahoma in July. We play in Desoto this weekend and don't really have a good feel for the ability of our team. It would be great to qualify right off the bat but I just hope we play well and the kids have fun playing baseball.

Go Destroyers!

No comments: