Thursday, March 22, 2007

Absolutely Nothing

That's what I'm feeling the ability to write about today. A short night of sleep, a stressful day at work and humidity are all conspiring against me to be creative. Such is life at times.

I hope the rain will reach us but it isn't looking promising according to the weatherman I heard last night. I've seen a few sprinkles here and there but nothing worthwhile.

On Letterman last night, a recent graduate of Duke University was demonstrating his invention, the Beer Launcher. The premise is that you can stay on the couch, press a button on a remote and the a mechanical arm will retrieve a beer from the refrigerator and then launch it to you while you never move. It worked well but it makes you wonder about the kid and his college education. I guess the fact that he graduated from Duke with an engineering degree offers some promise that he will create something more beneficial for society eventually.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Dennis,

I think if I did that, I would end up with a drink thrown in my face.