Friday, March 23, 2007

Wahoo

Growing up, we played a game called Wahoo. It had something to do with moving marbles around on a board and I remember a picture of an indian on the game board. I'm sure it would be politically incorrect today but it was a fun game.
___________________________________________________________

It's Friday. Another Wahoo. It's been one of those weeks I'm glad is almost over.
___________________________________________________________

Wednesday night, one of the young men in the youth group spoke to the class about leadership. It was obvious he was a little nervous - up and talking in front of his peers about an important topic. He spoke about servant leadership, about Jesus coming to earth to serve and about our need to serve. I'm not sure I would have ever put that together when I was in high school and was impressed by him and his willingness to serve as a leader among his peers.

There are a number of kids in that group that exhibit the same leadership qualities in many ways. They all encourage me and remind me of what I need to do to serve them.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I am so impressed with the young people at our church!