Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Let the Arrows Fly

I saw a clip on the news this morning about a video shown on YouTube bashing Hillary and supporting Obama. Obama claims to have nothing to do with the ad and I have no reason to doubt that. What really stands out to me is that the vicious attacks are beginning and may now even be coming from outside the campaigns, attacks created by individuals who have the technological tools to manipulate what we see on the internet - for free.

It strikes me that the political battle often becomes a battle to tear opposing candidates down rather than build their own candidates up. I hear so much about the bad things the other candidate has done or will do but I don't hear as much about what their candidate has done or will do.

Sometimes the Christian battle is too similar. I hear about what everyone else is doing wrong but not enough about what God has done right. I hear people tearing down others but failing to build up our Savior.

I hope my heart is in the right place. I hope people hear me building up the love and saving grace of Jesus, the only thing that will save them, instead of tearing down others. I realize Satan is the battle we face and that Satan throws so many obstacles in our way. I realize there is a spiritual battle going on around me all the time. What I believe I have to stop and ask myself at times is "where is my heart?" Am I putting my focus and energy in fighting Satan or am I putting my focus and energy in wrapping myself in the armor of God?

I don't know that I'm clear in what I am trying to say today but hope you will hear the message God wants you to hear. As for me, the battle is on and today I will lean on God to help me overcome whatever I might face and to show those who are lost that there is hope, there is a glorious future that awaits them if they will only take hold of His hand and follow His will.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I need to take a Sabbatical and let you preach for about a month. Great thoughts.