Monday, March 05, 2007

Good Morning Monday

In interviews, I often ask candidates what their favorite day of the week is. Most answer Friday or Saturday because it's the end of the week/the week is over/rest (not great answers in the retail environment since this is when most of the sales occur). A few will say Wednesday or Thursday and 1 or 2 have said Sunday because of religious reasons. Friday, I talked to a new employee who said Monday. I was surprised. She said it was because it was an opportunity to start her work week fresh and do better than she did last week.

It was a surprising and refreshing answer.
_____________________________________________________

I have a friend who was sick yesterday. His wife said he was sick in the head (OK, maybe I'm paraphrasing the way I imagined hearing it). At any rate, I hope he got his Sonic coney with chili, onions and jalepenos and feels better today.
_____________________________________________________

Some of you know I head up the Missions committee at our church. A few years ago, I viewed missions work as one of those things we were supposed to do. Now, I enjoy it immensely and get excited about hearing what people want to do to carry the Gospel around the globe. We are the sponsoring church for a young man in Aracaju, Brazil doing incredible work. Last year, we began supporting a fascinating couple in Paris, France. I don't know I've met anyone with more energy than those two and they use it all for God's purpose. We are now considering support for people working in India, Africa and here in the states. I look forward to giving more information on all of these as it comes together. At any rate, I felt great after our meeting yesterday with what we are able to do and only wish we could do more. There are so many great opportunities and I pray that those who desire to be missionaries will get the support and help they need.
_____________________________________________________

Brazil is the furthest I've ever traveled. What's your most remote locale to visit (for any reason, business, pleasure, church, etc.)?

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I went to Austrailia on a mission trip. It was incredible!

Bev Ross said...

I went to Germany on a mission trip. We didn't get to sightsee much but had a great time!