Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Rain...With No Water

The rain was nice yesterday and I enjoyed seeing a lot of it yesterday. There was water standing in low spots on my way home, a welcome sight. How ironic though that we have no water at our house. I'm guessing at this point the pump has gone out. Our electrician (this might be where I should put an advertisement) came out and replaced everything he could and at 10:00pm there was still no water. It's a long night when you don't have water. I don't know that it's so bad not having it as it is knowing you don't have it.

This morning was a bit off-kilter but a big THANK YOU is due my wife's sister and family for letting us seek shower refuge at their house.

I hate leaving town when things aren't right. Hopefully we can get this resolved today and back to a normal routine.
________________________________________________________

Speaking of off-kilter, coming back home from my shower I pulled down our street to see a truck sitting across one of my neighbor's driveway and partially in the culvert. It had demolished his mailbox and the brick ledge on both sides of his driveway. What a wake-up call.
________________________________________________________

Having no water makes me start thinking about global warming and the other warnings I hear about dwindling water supplies. It makes me stop and think what kind of world we are leaving our children. It makes me stop and think what we need to do to be better stewards of what God has given us. I don't have a position on global warming and think it has been overly-politized but I do wonder...
________________________________________________________

Since I'll be "guest-lecturing" tomorrow and the professor is picking me up at 6:15 in the morning (I usually don't drag myself out of bed until 6:30 at the earliest), there probably won't be a blog tomorrow. Until I write again, have a great day(s) and I hope your water is always running.

No comments: