Thursday, March 15, 2007

A Vacation Ending Too Soon

Tomorrow is the last official day of my vacation and it has come much too soon. I have not accomplished many of the things I had planned to do but also have had the opportunity to do some things with my family that I didn't plan for either.

I did spend a portion of the day mowing for the first time this season and I got my first sunburn of the year as did my son. We both suffer from fair skin and bad judgment meaning we both get burned easily and both don't think to put on sunscreen until after we've been burned once or twice. I've got more mowing to do tomorrow and you can bet I'll be sporting a good lather of sunscreen before I turn into a lobster.
______________________________________________________

The first night of March Madness is nearly over and it's been a fun day and night. There's been a few upsets that were fun to watch and some games closer than they should have been. I was listening to the radio tonight and heard a player from Virginia Commonwealth shortly after they beat Duke. He was so excited, so happy and full of joy as he talked about their victory. He never ran down Duke or said anything negative or arrogant only expressing his excitement to play one more day. It's what I love about this tournament.
______________________________________________________

I got a call tonight that one of my very closest friends growing up and his family had been in a bad wreck. Fortunately, it appears they will all be OK but it was scary for a bit. They were out of town but someone knew another church member was in the area. He was called and went to check on them. Another church member was driving down to where they are to see about them. The church secretary called someone at a church nearby and several members who don't even know this family have come by or called to check on them.

I thank God for our Christian family, for the love shown between brothers and sisters in Christ. I thank God for a Savior who has been our example and our sacrifice.

No comments: