Monday, March 26, 2007

The Final Four Is Set

Four are left. Florida, UCLA, Ohio State and Georgetown. The games over the past weekend have been really good with some close games coming down to the final minutes/seconds. I'm pulling for Florida and imagining a Florida-Ohio State matchup although I'm not sure OSU can get by Georgetown. It's good stuff. I'm just concerned that the championship game may interfere with 24. Egad.
__________________________________________________________

I heard a great sermon on prayer yesterday. Prayer is something that perplexes me at times because too often I'm afraid I am asking way too much for myself. Other times, I feel like I am not asking for enough. I am thankful because I believe God does listen to my heart more than my words which are inadequate and knows what I need and will give me what I need when I don't know how to say it.
__________________________________________________________

Some of you know I am heading to Texas A&M on Wednesday to speak to some of their Ag-Business classes (guest-lecturer is the official term they use). I'm excited for the opportunity and nervous also. I've put together a PowerPoint presentation (with lots of help) to use so I look a little more advanced. I think the most challenging part of the day will be to be ready at 6:15 A.M. when they want to pick me up at the hotel for breakfast. If you know me, you know me rolling out of bed by 6:30 is a feat of epic proportions so being ready at 6:15 strikes fear in me.

My son suggested a talk consisting of "boo Aggies, boo Aggies, boo Aggies, Hook'em Horns!" but I'm not sure that will go over well. He also thought I should wear one of my Longhorn t-shirts - most likely the national championship shirt. It's great to have his support.
__________________________________________________________

While I'm off to Aggieland, my daughter will be heading to San Antonio this week to compete at State in a UIL Science competition. She had to spend a couple of Saturdays testing to qualify and now is going for the gold (I'm not sure what they get actually). They leave Thursday morning and will spend the day traveling and then touring the Alamo and Riverwalk. On Friday, they get to go to Sea World and then the competition and drive home on Saturday.

I'm so proud of her and know she will do great representing her school and herself.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

San Antonio. One of Beverly and my favorite places!

Will the NCAA finals not be until next Monday night? Surely they can play two games before that! They need to get their priorities in order.

Jeff said...

It's crazy, I know. Since my interest in 24 has only sprung up this year, I didn't realize the conflict in the past. Now, it's almost traumatizing.