Monday, April 30, 2007

On The Road Again

I'm starting to feel like Willie Nelson...without the hair, voice, ability to play guitar, or marijuana. I am headed out again to spend some time in one of our stores with a new Store Manager. A few nights in a motel, some fast food meals, lots of coffee while driving and I'll be more than a little ready to be back home. I'm already wishing I was back and I still have to swing by the house to get my luggage.

After several days of attempted travel/actually going somewhere, I'm just a little too familiar with my suitcase.
______________________________________________________

Someone mentioned the NBA playoffs have started. I haven't noticed.
______________________________________________________

Scott Verplank won the Byron Nelson. For a tournament too short on the big names, it's neat to see a local guy win the prize.
______________________________________________________

Now for real sports. The Yankees are coming to town. It's amazing to me to go watch a Rangers - Yankees game because it's hard to tell which team has more fans in the seats. It's loud. I was at a game last year and A-Rod was booed unmercifully each time at the plate. Then, between innings when they were doing the Kiss-cam on the big screen (they pan around the crowds finding husband/wife or boyfriend/girlfriend trying to get them to kiss each other while the crowd cheers or boos depending on the kiss) they showed A-Rod in the dugout next to one of his teammates. He finally noticed, grabbed the teammate next to him and kissed him on top of the head which brought a big round of cheers. A good sport about it all and then he comes to bat and gets booed again. It's tough making lots of money.
_______________________________________________________

I hope I get in tonight in time to see 24. The story is getting a bit goofy but I'm still enticed to watch just to see what will happen to the hardest working man in the world.
_______________________________________________________

To my children, if you are reading this, be nice to you mom and help her while I'm gone.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I hope your travels go well. Hopefully you won't miss Jack tonight.