Thursday, April 05, 2007

Excitement Around The Corner

Tomorrow is the home opener for the Rangers. Even though they are coming off a horrific outing in Anaheim, they return to the Ballpark with history being just that and hope for a turnaround that gets them kickstarted to a great year. I love opening days. It's a day game, the best way to watch a game when the temperature is below 90. Fireworks, fresh-cut grass, bands, a flyover...and hope for a winning season. I can't wait.

The really big event for us and for many in our church family is LTC. Watching these kids finally do what they have been working on and practicing for over months is a blessing. I don't know how many kids we have participating from our church (along with a number of kids who don't regularly attend our church but come to participate in LTC) but there are a bunch of them along with thousands from other churches who will be there. They all come to celebrate Christ, to learn and grow in their knowledge of him and their ability to share that knowledge - not just knowledge but the hope and joy we have through Christ. I know this year, just like others, I will have chills because of some performances, tears of joy because of others and moments of reflection from others. I can't wait.

The really, really big event is the commemoration of the resurrection. I want to soak it in this year, to feel closer to a Savior who died for me, to be humbled and thankful for a love I cannot measure and that I really can't comprehend. What a beautiful event. Even more, what a beautiful love my God has for me.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

The significance of Easter grows for me with every passing year.