Thursday, April 12, 2007

Amazing

The question in the youth group class last night was "what's the most amazing thing you've seen?" Being the only parent in the room, I was thinking my answer was the birth of my children. It's an amazing time filled with so many emotions. As my children have grown, it has been a continued state of amazement, worry, joy, fear - so many things that every parent goes through with children.

I couldn't help but think about how God feels when we decide to accept the grace He has given us and whether he goes through the roller-coaster of emotions that we do. I cannot comprehend God and I cannot begin to imagine all that He thinks and feels but I can't help but think that He shares some of our same feelings as we look at our children.

One of the scriptures shared last night was Jesus saying he was amazed by the people's lack of faith. I hope I am less often causing God to be amazed by my lack of faith and more often creating joy in Him by my faith and through my faith serving Him.

No comments: