Monday, April 02, 2007

April Fools

I made it through the first day of April without being fooled. I still remember the biggest bite I ever took on April Fools. It was when I was still dating my wife. I had gone over to her apartment for a late dinner (I was still in public accounting and working late during tax season). We watched the news and I left right after the beginning of sports to the news that the Mavericks had traded for David Robinson. The sportscaster said to watch the end of the segment for all the details but I left to head home happy the Admiral was coming to town. When I got home the phone was ringing (pre-cell phone days) and it was my wife-to-be telling me it was an April Fools joke. I was trapped wondering if the trade was the joke or if she was pulling the joke by making me think there wasn't a trade. I turned on ESPN as fast as I could and after watching for some time realized there was no trade in the works for Robinson. What could have been...
_____________________________________________________________

Tonight is the big night for college hoops junkies like me. I'm pulling for Florida just because those five guys chose to come back and try to do something hard to do. I hope they pull it off.
_____________________________________________________________

Our Bible class is studying the names of Jesus. Yesterday we talked about "shepherd" as a name for Jesus and the discussion turned to the 23rd Psalm. "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want..." Oh, how I wish I would live my life that way. I wish I would remember every second that He will guide me, I don't need to find my own paths. I wish I would remember every minute that I have all that I need instead of wanting more.

I can only imagine the peace I would enjoy if I learn to live knowing the Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

The real battle tonight is taking place on "24."