Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I Slept...I Think

It's rainy and windy in Salado and the first night away, always hard, was filled with intermittent sleep. How about more "poor me?"
_________________________________________________________

Today starts a new era for some of our employees. A new manager for the store brings some excitement, some trepidation. Change does that to almost everyone and the next few days will be interesting watching how the people here handle change.

It's so easy to get into a comfort zone. I do it all the time even though I think of myself as someone who looks for and is open to change. I realize change will come and know it is best to be prepared and stay on top of it so I can have some effect on it yet I am comfortable being comfortable.

I battle the issue with my faith. I tell myself to rely on God, to turn my problems over to Him, to trust Him but it is hard to do at times. I need to change, to be more trusting, to be more open, to truly put God first. It shouldn't be a struggle but it is only because it causes me to change.

I will begin today making every effort to turn my eyes to God, to see Him and follow Him, to trust Him and seek Him.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I share the tension. I like being "comfortable." But I also like the challenge of being stretched. But you can't have it both ways.