Sunday, April 22, 2007

It's Been a Patsy Cline Kind of Week

I think Cline sang the song "Crazy" originally but I'm not good with history so I could be wrong. It was a busy week leading to busier weeks for me so I'm not sure how much I'll be blogging. For most of you, it is probably a welcome relief but then again, if you are checking here very often it is self-induced torture so I can't help you much.

I've got a crazy travel schedule coming up over the next two weeks - all work related - and if you know me, you know travel isn't my bag.

The problems with our baseball team parents seems to be working out. I hope it will get better but am of the mind that it will fall apart at some point. I suppose it depends on our record as much as anything. If we win some games, all will be better. I remember the cliche that says something to the affect that you can tell more about a person when they are down rather than when they are up. Sadly, it seems to be true in this experience.

What are you most thankful for? When asked this question, I most often think of some possession but today my answer would be "grace." I heard a beautiful sermon this morning about grace and I realized it is my most prized gift. What a blessing to be a child of God, a God who extends grace to me. Realizing what I have through God, I certainly look at my small troubles such as travel, baseball parents and anything else and see that they are truly meaningless when compared with what God has lovingly given me.

I hope you have a great week and you too revel in the gift of grace that you and I have been given.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I hope you have safe travel. You will be missed.