Monday, April 16, 2007

Blog Addict to Bible Addict? I Hope So.

How many of your check this or some other blog daily (or more than once if it isn't up at the normal time)? I've found myself falling into that routine, checking some blogs that I read daily or less frequently. A friend recently posted that he may quit daily blogging and some of us did some combination of encouraging him to keep posting, telling him why we enjoyed it or threatening physical harm to his golf equipment.

This whole blog thing came across my mind last night at church while we were celebrating the successes of our kids at LTC (Leadership Training for Christ). One young lady participated in Daily Devotional where she was challenged to read her Bible for 15 minutes every day, pray and keep a journal of what she studied and prayed about. One. Just one participated in an event and I must say I was ashamed of myself. I can read blogs everyday, I can scan web pages for sports updates, I can watch the news or read a good thriller, I can find time to eat and do all sorts of things that appeal to me but I'm not making time to read the Bible a measly 15 minutes a day.

Today I am going to work on changing that. I'm also going to make a point to thank that young lady for helping me remember what my priorities should be.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Spiritual disciplines (prayer, fasting, meditating) do not come easily. And because of the speed of our lives -- we are not a disciplined people. So we miss the best by settling for the ho-hum.