Wednesday, November 15, 2006

We Ride at Sun-up

I've always enjoyed westerns and always like hearing the lines like I used in the title. If you know me though, you know I avoid riding at sun up whenever possible. Fortunately, we fly out around 3:00 tomorrow afternoon which gives me a little time to pack in the morning (because I just can't seem to get it all together yet) and have lunch with my wife before getting to the airport.

Today is 40-something and rainy. I'm going to 90 and humid. It's two different worlds, two different languages and cultures but we are there to be focused on one thing. I am looking forward to being with Randy and so many others in Aracaju who made a profound impact on me. At the same time, I am sad to be leaving my family behind even for a week.

I will do my best to blog a little while I'm there. We will mainly spend our time in meetings so it won't be too exciting but I'll try to keep you posted.

Keep praying!

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I just finished perfoming a grave-side funeral service in this 40 degree, 45-mile per hour wind. It was pretty raw, to say the least.

Hope you and Everett have a great trip. Tell Randy hello.

Bev Ross said...

Jeff, we will miss you while you are gone - tell Randy hi.