Friday, November 24, 2006

Black Friday

This is the day retailers live for. 10 months of getting by comes down to the next few weeks and the whirlwind it is. I was at Wal-Mart this morning at 6 to check out the crowds. Our store doesn't open until 7 so I was wanting to see what the effect on our cash registers might be. Wally World seemed slow but I ran into a couple of people saying the store had already sold out of what they wanted. At 7, our doors opened and people came pouring through. It was certainly a busy morning and a lot of merchandise went through the doors. I'm hoping for a good shopping season while dreading going shopping. Ironic I suppose.
____________________________________________________

I realize my blogs over the past week had a hint of me wanting to be at home, which I did, but it was also a wonderful time and I feel blessed to have been able to go. I'm so appreciative of our church and their support for mission work. I'm in awe of a young man who left everything he knew to go to a place where he knew little to sow the seeds of hope and salvation. I've grown to love people who love the Lord and want to share His joy. I'm thankful to the Elders at my church for making sure this trip and all the work we did would happen.
____________________________________________________

I hope everyone had all the good food I did yesterday. It was a great meal and a great day to be with family.
____________________________________________________

As I write this, things aren't looking so good for my favorite college team. If they lose this one, I may need to find a friendly therapist. Just kidding but I do hope they start putting some points on the board. Hook 'em Horns!

No comments: