Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

It's good to be home. Our flights and travel went off without a hitch and I am extremely thankful for that. My wife and children picked me up at the airport at 6:30 this morning and we went back home for a brief nap and a good shower. Being back in familiar surroundings is nice but nothing as near as good as being with my family. It was wonderful to see their smiling faces even though they had to get up early to come get me.

Our trip to Aracaju was successful and I am confident the effort, money and time will help to yield more fruit in the work of the church there. Plans are being made to help teach the Brazilians to be more evangelistic as individuals and to help them eventually become self-supporting. I am hopeful and confident that the day is coming that we will be able to take our money and begin supporting a new work because the people of Aracaju can do all they need to in their effort to reach lost souls on their own and with little, if any, support from the U.S.

One of the sisters wrote us the sweetest letter before we left that truly shows the loving spirit the people there have for God and for the church.

I look forward to going back one day but will enjoy my time back home in the arms of my family.

No comments: