Thursday, November 30, 2006

Brrrrr....

It's cold in Wise County today. The kids were a bit surprised that they had to get ready for school this morning. They were up at 4:20 turning on the TV to see if school had been cancelled but sound asleep when I came through to get them up. Needless to say, I was a bit surprised to see one on the sofa asleep and the other curled up in my chair asleep. Kids are funny in a very precious way.

_____________________________________________________

We had a small gathering at church last night due to the weather (it was pouring buckets of rain on us) so we had a devo instead of our regular classes. One of our brothers who is a school teacher spoke briefly about the harsh words that children speak to each other as we all considered what and how we say things. It would have been good if we were built with a feature similar to my voicemail at work where I can say something and then listen to it before I put it out for others to hear. I've said so many mean things to people in my life and it hurts to think about it. I know it hurt them and I wish there was a way to take it back. Unfortunately, I can't rewind yesterday but I pray I can learn from my mistakes and be more controlled with what comes out of my mouth today and in the future.

______________________________________________________

Enjoy the winter weather and be careful if you are out and about.

No comments: