Monday, November 27, 2006

Christmas Decorating

With no football and no races, yesterday afternoon was Christmas decoration Sunday. The lights were up outside and the tree was set up so yesterday it was time to put the ornaments on the tree and start putting out some of the other smaller decorations for the holidays. My wife does such a good job making the house look like Christmas every year and gives it a warmth and glow that makes the season a happy time. The kids help with the tree trimming and it's always funny to see how many ornaments might get hung on the same limb. There are just a few more things to put up and we will be set for the holidays - except for all the shopping. Thankfully, she does most of that too!

Who decorates at your house?

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Jeff,

I'm glad you are back safely. Wow! You didn't have any time to regroup, did you? Get back Thursday morning, and less than 24 hours later -- BLACK FRIDAY!

At our house, we have no firm traditions about decorating. I do whatever is done outside (with my son-in-law actually doing most of it). Many years, I also put our tree together and hang the lights on it. But this year, Beverly and Jenny and Malaya did that. It looks better than when I do it.

Then, Beverly does everything else. My main indoor responsibility is bringing all the stuff down from the attic, and putting the boxes up.