Monday, October 08, 2007

Where's the caffeine?

This muggy Monday morning has me feeling like I need a double dose of coffee through an IV. The idea of laying my head down and dozing off sounds very enticing this morning.

My wife and kiddos are headed to the State Fair of Texas. I'm battling mixed emotions - glad to avoid the crowds but wishing I was going to see the sights and eat some corn dogs. I'm looking forward to the report from my wife who has fried guacamole bits on her mind. My son wants to ride the ferris wheel and see the Cooperstown exhibit (the biggest reason I wish I was going) and my daughter...I just hope she will get out of the car and go in. I pray they have a safe and very, very fun trip today.

My 7th/8th grade Bible class yesterday discussed the parable of the lost coin. I hid a quarter in a Bible and asked them if they would look for lost money the way the widow did in the story. They rummaged about the room and one or two even looked at the Bible the quarter was in but they were not invested enough in the lost coin to look hard for it. To me, God's investment in us is the beauty of that story. He loves us so much that He gave His son for us. The lesson I walked away with is that I need to have a much greater passion for finding His lost coins, the people who need a relationship with God but have been lost. I can't casually glance around for them, I must be keenly aware of finding them. I pray today my eyes are opened to the lost coins that God so strongly wants to find.

No comments: