Monday, October 15, 2007

A Great Day

Yesterday was Missions Sunday at church. Our missionary from Brazil is here and he along with some others made presentations about the missions work we support. The big part of the day for me was the special contribution. We have some specific needs we hoped to address for some of our missionaries and set a goal of $20,000 for the day. This was on top of our regular contribution and while I felt confident we would hit our goal, I felt it would be close.

I was standing next to one of the finance guys when he turned the adding machine towards me so I could see the total of $48,000+ and it took me a couple of seconds to make sure my eyes were adjusted properly. With a pledge of $1,000 to be paid in the coming year, we hit nearly $50,000 and I would guess a few more checks will roll in. Incredible.

God is amazing and He is good. He provides in abundance.

Yesterday was a great reminder to me of what can happen when we trust God to give us what we need.

1 comment:

Melissa Taylor said...

What an amazing day - it was great to see all of our mission efforts laid out for us to see. I can't wait for Brazil next summer!